Financial infidelity and lies are all too common in marriages. In a joint bank or brokerage account, both parties have full control over the assets.

One in three people admitted to financial infidelity against their partner, according to a January poll for the National Endowment for Financial Education. So can you imagine the deception that can occur during a divorce? As a divorce financial planner who often works with the "out spouse" -- the term for the partner in a marriage who was never plugged in to the finances, managed the cash flow, paid the bills or had relationships with the CPA, financial adviser or attorney. I could systematically transfer cash and/or investments to a buddy's account, and then once the divorce is finalized, he or she could transfer it back to an account in only my name.

One last thing: If you are disgusted by my criminal ideas and worried for my spouse, don't be. If I surreptitiously tossed a coin in a fountain, she'd discover it before it hit the water.

I am going to visit a friend out of state and my husband purchased my ticket which is a one way ticket.

He is sneaky, so I am getting prepared for the news.

Do some digging, and get your attorney and divorce financial adviser involved.

If there are significant assets or a company, hire a forensic accountant.

Unfortunately, some husbands will go to extreme lengths to guarantee that their wives will get nothing in the divorce.

If you're faced with this situation, read the suggestions from out financial advisor and legal expert.Although failing to fully and truthfully disclose all assets and liabilities is a crime, don't count on that to deter your soon-to-be ex-spouse. Once the divorce is final, I'd have a fat overpayment with the IRS that I could use against future tax.4. This one starts with "Honey, I'm going to the store" and ends with "Yes, I would" when asked if I want cash back.The best way to catch a criminal is to think like a criminal. Here I would take money from our joint bank and brokerage accounts and transfer them to an account only in my name. Although I probably won't get rich, given enough time I could amass a decent stockpile of cash by taking or every time I am at the grocery.An attorney may be able to help you get back your share of your marital estate that was squandered by your husband.Unfortunately, this may require you to prepare to go to trial, which could be an extremely expensive endeavor.He has written extensively on automotive issues, business, personal finance and recreational vehicles.